ZED scheme in a Nutshell
Manufacturing Goods with Zero Defects and Zero Effects on the Environment.
To make India a global manufacturing hub, the Prime Minister gave an open invitation to manufacturers and investors across the world to establish manufacturing units in India.
"We should manufacture goods in such a way that they carry zero defects and that our exported goods are never returned to us. We should manufacture goods with zero effect that they should not harm the environment". said Hon'ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi.
On April 28, 2022, the MSME ZED scheme was launched.
Some of the benefits are
- Joining reward of Rs. 10,000/- for ZED Certification.
- MSME KAWACH, a COVID-19 Support initiative of the Ministry of MSME, is free of cost.
- Subsidy on Certification Cost: 80%, 60% & 50% for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises respectively. Additional 'subsidy' of 10% to the MSMEs owned by Women/SC/ST Entrepreneurs OR MSMEs in NER/Himalayan/LWE/Island territories/aspirational districts.
- Financial Assistance: For availing Testing OR Management Systems OR Product Certification, up to 75% of the total cost of Certification, with the maximum ceiling of subsidy, is Rs. 50,000/-
- Graded Incentives: MSMEs can avail of graded incentives as prescribed for the three ZED Certification Levels by various Ministries, State/UT Governments, Banks & Financial Institutions.
Free online MSME ZED registration and pledge
Quick and Simple process to get your ID & pledge certificate.
Basic Information and Document Upload
Provide system and process information.
Desktop / Remote / On-site Assessment
Third-party Assessment based on documents uploaded/information provided.
You can download the certificate online or from the mobile app.
Check under "My incentives".